Fatcow Coupon Codes
Updated for July 2017
Welcome to the ultimate round up of the best and most current Fatcow Promo Codes! You may have only started hearing about Fatcow as a hosting company in the past few years because of its green initiatives to become 100% wind powered or it’s contributions to the internet’s open source community. Fatcow is consistently rated as the one of the top web hosting companies in the world for customer service, ease of use and customer satisfaction.
Best Fatcow Coupon Codes Right Now:
Save 65% Off With Fatcow’s “Moopon”:ACTIVATE OFFERACTIVATED
Save 60% Off Fatcow Hosting:Best Deal! Fatcow is currently offering their web hosting for 60% off, which adds up to $49/year. That includes a free domain name, and over $300 in free advertising credits from Google, Facebook, and Bing. No coupon code required. Simply click the link and the special pricing will automatically take effect.
More Fatcow Coupon Codes and Money-Saving Tricks:
60% off Sale – Includes Free Domain and Mobile Website Builder
This sale of $3.15/month sounds like a lot, but it also includes a free domain name and a free mobile website builder, so you can have everything you need for your new website in one package. Click the image above to automatically activate the promotion.
The Secret to Getting a Great Price with Fatcow:
This is a cool trick I accidentally stumbled into that can save you a lot of money when buying a hosting plan with Fatcow. After selecting a hosting package I wanted, I hit the ‘back’ button on my browser and this window popped up, offering what Fatcow calls its “final offer”. For me it was $2.50/month on a one year web hosting package. It’s one of those ‘discovering radium by accident’ type situations that I would like to pass onto you.
User Reviews of FatCow
The reviews give it an overall score in the middle, but when you look at the individual reviews it seems like they score either very high or very low, which lands them with an overall score in the middle which I don’t think is actually very accurate or fair. After reading through a few of the reviews I wanted to write some of the people who wrote the super low scoring reviews back about adjusting their expectations in terms of what they are owed by a company offering them very low-priced shared hosting plans. I think this is a common problem when budget web hosting intersects with customers who are novice website developers and don’t have a great understanding of how servers and web technologies work.
For $3.15 a month you absolutely are not going to get truly unlimited bandwidth (and yes I agree that it is problematic that a lot of budget hosts advertise this, it’s a practice I would like to see completely done away with), you are probably going to be on a fairly populated server and are unlikely to see super fast speeds so don’t use 50 plugins all loading different versions of the jQuery library, and there is absolutely no reason that your web host should be troubleshooting issues for you with your third party software. You may not want to hear this, but if your site is hacked that probably has a lot more to do with you not keeping your software up to date or running unsecured plugins, it’s most likely not your hosts fault. It’s also not their responsibility to fix the site for you if it does get hacked, if you run a website you should be making your own backups nightly and know how to restore them. If you want or require that level of service, then you need to upgrade to a higher service plan, and it will cost you more money.
One of the most recent reviews a customer was upset that when he moved his online radio station from a dedicated server, the best and most comprehensive type of web hosting you can purchase (and the price definitely reflects that), to FatCow’s shared hosting, the most basic type of web hosting available, that they did not get even better service than at their old host as he expected (???), and in fact his website was shut down. I’m not surprised, running a file streaming website violates FatCow’s terms of service and would have eaten up huge amounts of bandwidth and slowed down everything on the shared server to a crawl if it didn’t crash it entirely, so they were fully within their rights to shut it down.
Sorry to go off on a bit of a rant there, I was just pretty shocked when I saw a lot of the negative reviews and I felt that they were completely unjustified. I personally think FatCow provides a straightforward, easy to use, and reliable budget hosting service at an amazing price. Just don’t expect more than what it is: budget shared web hosting. One thing a few customers mentioned as a unique positive is that they still, for reasons I can’t fathom, can run Microsoft Frontpage!
About the Fatcow Hosting Company:
The company was founded in 1998 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The company was one of hundreds of website hosting companies and didn’t do anything to really stand out from the crowd. But in 2008, that all changed. Fatcow created created the “Heifercratic Oath”, which pushed forward three new initiatives that have turned into one of the most popular web hosting companies in the world:
- Local, United States Customer Support – chances are you’re already frustrated when you make a call to your web host for help. So it’s refreshing to know that Fatcow is using money from its customer to create jobs locally to help their customers.
- Answering calls in one minute – It no longer costs an entire evening waiting on hold to get help from tech support.
- Ease of Use – setting up a website can be a daunting task if you’re not familiar with any coding or programming languages (like me!). You can build a website in a just a couple of minutes. Also, Fatcow has a drag and drop website builder where you can visually set up your webpages with no knowledge of code whatsoever.
- Owned by the Endurance International Group which manages several web hosting companies, located in Burlington, MA
Free Stuff You Get with Fatcow:
Everyone loves free stuff. Here are the ‘sweetening the pot’ free features that you get with Fatcow:
- $100 Google Adwords credit
- $25 Credit for Yahoo and Bing
- $50 Facebook Advertising Credit
- Free listing in the yellowpages
- Free e-store builder with Shopsite
Best Features of Fatcow Hosting:
These are the features that make Fatcow stand out when compared to other web hosting companies.
- Simple 1-click installs of applications like WordPress and Joomla.
- Free domain name.
- Simple Drag and Drop Website Builder
- Free ‘script barn’ with hundreds of applications to set up shops, forums, etc.
When You Shouldn’t Use Fatcow for Hosting Your Website
Don’t get me wrong, I’m pretty high on Fatcow as a webhost, but there are times when it isn’t ideal for your website needs. Because Fatcow is focused on individuals or businesses that have one or a few websites, they only offer shared servers. This means if you need a dedicated server or a VPS for your business website, then Fatcow is not ideal.
Other Instances where Fatcow is not ideal:
- No access to the SSH. This is access to the shell of your server. If you don’t know what that means, then you don’t need it.
- You want to run a file sharing or streaming service. This violates their Terms of Service.
- You want an adult-themed site. Most cheap web hosts do not allow adult websites.
- You require a lot of help and support with your websites. If you are pretty much a novice when it comes to maintaing software and servers you should look into Managed Hosting. A company like Singlehop would probably better suit your needs.
To sum up, if you’re an individual or a small business and you want good and cheap web hosting for your website that’s headache and hassle free, Fatcow is one of the best (if not the best). You get hundreds of free applications to build your website for free, as well as simple drag and drop functionality for an instant website.
Disclosure: many of the links below are affiliate links that will earn me a small commission if you make a purchase through them. If you do, I absolutely appreciate it and if you have any questions about any of the products or services please contact me using the contact form in the footer below!